Thursday 28 February 2013

Speaking at Bournemouth University

I did a talk on short story writing and the markets for it at Bournemouth University yesterday for the charming lecturer, Jim Pope, of the Media School. I walking into a huge lecture theatre with about 30 nineteen year old students present and thought, 'this isn't so bad,' and then more students came and they kept coming - and coming. However, the nerves soon fled because the audience were interested in what I had to say, very respectful and enthusiastic, asking a number of questions. It was so lovely to meet these budding new writers and I wish them all the luck in the world - because, yes, luck does play a part in a writer's success or failure. I'm looking forward to hearing news of the first success in this group very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment